Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Chats with Patrice

Everyday Ruralty


Hi Patrice! 
It was definitely porch weather out here today! It was close to 60F here. We were moving cattle and practicing our roping (we need a lot of practice!) in vests and hoodies instead of heavy coats!

So glad Wendell is feeling better! I rode both my horses today for the first time in a while, and they were full of beans!

  1. What is your favorite way to have potatoes?
  2. Do you keep your house toasty warm or a bit cooler?
  3. What would you most like to see under the tree?
  4. Do you have an Elf on the Shelf?This one may not translate to other countries- Just tell us something you want if you don't know what I'm talking about.
  5. Have you put up a Christmas tree this year?

1. I love cheese on my potatoes! I just made a cassarole the other day and decided to put in potato chunks and it was really good!  I put a layer of those biscuits in a can, then a layer of mostly boiled potato chunks, then a layer of ground beef, mushrooms, celery, green peppers, and tomatoes all fried together and poured a can of cheese soup over the whole thing and covered the top with another layer of biscuits and baked it for about an hour (gotta remember to cover the pan with foil so the biscuits on top don't burn before the bottom ones bake ;) )

2. I love my house toasty warm! Right now I live in the basement and the thermostat is upstairs, so I have to turn it up to 80+ to get it remotely comfortable inside!

3. Oh, I don't really have anything specifically....I love picking out presents for people that I think they would love, so as long as someone put some thought into what I like, I will love it! :)

4. I keep hearing about these things on facebook and random blogs...I tend to follow fads just enough to know what everyone else is talking about....
I just got my house decorated for Christmas over the weekend tho! I do paper chains and snowflakes hanging from the ceiling! (my house is a mess), so here is a pic from last year:


5. No Christmas tree for me this year. :( I don't have room in my tiny basement and I might be moving soon, so I'm enjoying everyone else's! But I do love a real tree and the smell of pine :)

3 comments:

  1. It took me a long time to visit, since my computer was down. Have a Happy New Year! Hope to see you at a Chat soon.

    ReplyDelete