Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Poetry - I Am the One

I was going through some old files on my computer the other day and ran across some poetry that I wrote in 05-06. It was kinda the fad then with some of my friends, and I really haven't written anything since.

This poem isn't autobiographical in the sense that it didn't actually happen to me, but it is because it could have been me.

I am the one who should never be.
I am the one who wanted to be free.
I am the one who took my life.
I am the one who raced into strife.
I am the one who ran my own way.
I am the one who looked and lay.
I am the one who dressed so gaudy.
I am the one who sold my body.
I am the one who cared for nothing.
I am the one who wanted something.
I am the one who hid from my fears.
I am the one who drank those beers.
I am the one who finally ran.
I am the one who wanted one man.
I am the one whose life I botched.
I am the one whose life was watched.
I am the one who fell to my knees.
I am the one who finally sees.
I am the one who finally got free.
I am the one who should never be.



No comments:

Post a Comment