Saturday, June 22, 2013

Before the Storm




We had a thunderstorm rolling in this evening, so I took my phone out to see if I could catch some good pics. We have the horses and roping cattle right by the houses, so they turned into my subjects. (Any time I write 'subjects' I want to say "Haha! I have someone to rule!")



My pony, who is getting some well-earned vacation time. This old man was getting really cranky about working and just about caused a wreck a couple days ago because he was frustrated and didn't want to work. Plus he's losing weight even though I've been feeding him ~8lbs senior grain every day.

And then some grass/cactus shots. I love the cactus blooms. I think they are one of the prettiest flowers on the prairie...


This kind of grass is called 'needle and thread' because the seed head is kinda sharp, and the long awn follows it. 
(The sky wasn't actually this color...it's amazing what you can pull up by manipulating a photo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment