Sunday, February 17, 2013

Recent Projects

New Spur Straps!!!
Plus my new belt buckle, and a gratuitous photo of a calf :) I drew up the design up during Bible Study one night,(see the next photo) and then D. did a little finessing, and made these up! I just love them! I went riding in them today (and walking around chasing cows/calves, hence the manure I didn't get cleaned off before I started my photo shoot...) Everyone asked how they were working....well, my spurs didn't fall off, and they didn't cut into my ankle either! So I'd say they were a success!

 My friend's daughter reaching for her daddy's hand at the playground...isn't it adorable?!?!?!
 In other news...I don't actually use my dishwasher to wash dishes, but rather as a super-deluxe drying rack. Well, it was getting a little cruddy, so I figured I'd run it to clean the inside up....wellllllllllll I ended up with a rather large puddle and the bottom full of water. My landlord said he'd order a new one, and come shop vac up the mess, but he forgot to clean out the dishwasher and my apartment was starting to smell musty....so I spent a buck on tubing and emptied it myself. I filled 2-3/4 of these 2-gallon buckets....I really didn't think there was that much water in there!
 And my current project: (a partial mock-up anyway...)

I'm designing my own purse, since I couldn't find one I liked! This is the start of the first redesign,  so we will see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment