Tuesday, November 13, 2012

'my' life

I've spent the last couple years working a job I never wanted, but knowing that that was where God wanted me. And apparently I've become attached to the idea, even while sometimes hating the job. I imagined moving somewhere new, and I realized that one of the things I was afraid of was losing every thing that I had worked for in my career. And in the next moment, I called myself out. I thought I was giving God the glory for where I was and the position that I hold. But at the same time I'm afraid to let go of it. So am I really trusting God with my life? No, that's not trust.
So, how do I trust? I guess I just let go of fear. Fear that I won't be happy, fear that I've missed something and I'm in the wrong place now. Fear that that moment will never come.
But God took our spirit of fear and gave us a spirit of love, power, and a sound mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment